Saturday, April 4, 2015

Dresden/Osterwochenende

We spend this Easter weekend with our homestay families, which means everyone is doing something different. My family and I drove down to the historical city of Dresden, about 3 hours away from Potsdam. Dresden is home to the Frauenkirche, the Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister Art gallery, and much more. I also went to Sächsische Schweiz, the site of a medieval fortress ruin atop a mountain. On Saturday we went on a tour of Dresden, and visited Festung Königstein, or Fort Königstein. It also began to snow so that was choice as. On Sunday we went inside the Frauenkirche and the Green Vault of Dresden. That was superb. Also bonus I have a hotel room to myself. 
By Ollie Rusden 


1 comment:

  1. Wow Ollie, sounds like you are super spoilt, tours around Dresden, snow and your own hotel room, but I think you forgot to mention the three tonnes of chocolate your host family also gave you! Sounds like your having the best Easter!

    ReplyDelete